With the blessing of Archbishop Emeritus Nicholas Chia, ICPE Mission Singapore began in 2003.
Our ongoing ministries includes:
Woman faith formation and outreaches to crisis shelter.
On January 19, 2014 eight brothers and sisters took their covenant to become Companions of the ICPE Mission in Singapore after receiving in-depth faith formation and the spirituality of the ICPE Mission. These brothers and sisters together with Amilia Chai and Edwyn and Karen DeSouza form the first Community of Companions of the ICPE Mission in Singapore.
To know what we are up to, please visit our blog at www.icpesg.wordpress.com
ICPE Reunion Weekend30-09-2015
ICPE Reunion Weekend (10-13 Sep 2015) by Grace Low On the occasion of the 30th ...
ICPE Mission 30th Anniversary & Amilia’s Life Covenant Celebration01-02-2015
ICPE Mission Singapore celebrated the Mission’s 30th Anniversary on Sunday...
Woman to Woman
This is an outreach promoting the dignity and true identity of women.
- Weekly meetings and periodical retreats for the women’s formation group, touching upon issues such as Self Acceptance, Inner Healing, and Prayer
- Young mothers' weekly Bible Sharing using Lectio Divina
- Bi-weekly outreach to a crisis shelter, giving talks and doing Bible study with women living there
- Yearly ‘International Women’s Day’ Celebrations
- Events on discovering our true identity as women, with topics such as “The Feminine Genius” and “Finding the Inner Child”
Amilia and Edwyn were invited to begin a Youth Ministry Office at the Catholic Archdiocesan Youth Centre in October 2003. Previously, activities included: Archdiocesan youth events, formation for catechists and young adults, preparing and bringing pilgrims to World Youth Days and Asian Youth Days, and the School of Witness (SOW) - a five-week intensive school modelled after the ICPE Schools of Mission. Mission teams of the ICPE Mission India and ICPE Mission Philippines have assisted with these schools in the past. Presently, Edwyn continues serving at the office, which has now become the Office for Young People, while the community continues to serve as resource people in adhoc youth retreats, confirmation camps, etc.
The Chinaera Ministry is an initiative aimed at promoting mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese and foreign missionaries, bridging the differences between China and the universal Church.
- Promoting the “Faces of China” photo prayer calendar through its distribution
- Going on outreaches to China
The ICPE Mission Singapore also ministers through:
- Outreaches to poor families and socially disadvantaged children
- Christmas festivity gatherings and carolling Visiting the elderly
- Hosting retreats, talks, and sessions around Singapore
- Facilitating pastoral leadership workshops Assisting in conferences