- As I receive God's hope in my life, I can give hope to others...
- When God called...
- There's nothing else I'd rather be doing!
- Discerning my vocation to Priesthood
- Family in mission - it's possible!
- God weaves our gifts and weaknesses into a beautiful tapestry
- The joy of being a missionary
- My call to be a missionary
Family in mission - it's possible!
In 1990 we found our separate ways from Germany and Malta to the ICPE Mission, both believing that God was putting a calling for missions on our hearts. We experienced missionary life as singles, then went on to get married in 1994. This brought its challenges, but we felt the call to be a missionary couple. We now have three boys aged 3 to 12. When we started our family we wondered whether we could continue in this lifestyle, but it soon became clear that God also calls families to serve Him in this way, and that He would continue to provide not only for us but also for our children. With children, our life did change a lot. Yet, we find that this has not limited our service in the mission. The reality of being a family opened new doors for us to minister, particularly to young couples and families which in our society have become so vulnerable. Whether at home or on mission, God uses each member of our family to touch someone with His love.
Rainer & Lucienne Hensel, Germany/Malta