- As I receive God's hope in my life, I can give hope to others...
- When God called...
- There's nothing else I'd rather be doing!
- Discerning my vocation to Priesthood
- Family in mission - it's possible!
- God weaves our gifts and weaknesses into a beautiful tapestry
- The joy of being a missionary
- My call to be a missionary
Discerning my vocation to Priesthood
Having sensed a vocation to the priesthood I was looking out to join a particular religious congregation of men. However, after undergoing a discernment retreat, I decided to join the Institute for World Evangelisation, ICPE Mission whose School of Mission I had attended earlier. As there was no precedence of having ordained ministers as part of this mission, I had to face many questions, the answers to which I did not have, while only trusting that the Lord was leading me in this direction.
After more than seven years of study and priestly formation I was ordained a priest for the ICPE Mission on the 10th April, 2010 on the eve of the feast of the Divine Mercy in “The Year of the Priest” which also happens to be the 25th anniversary of the ICPE Mission.
Through all this I see that God has been faithful to His call over my life and has led me thus far. I pray that through God's grace I will be truly anointed to become his instrument of healing and wholeness to all people, particularly through ministering the sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation.
Fr Alliston Fernandes, India