- As I receive God's hope in my life, I can give hope to others...
- When God called...
- There's nothing else I'd rather be doing!
- Discerning my vocation to Priesthood
- Family in mission - it's possible!
- God weaves our gifts and weaknesses into a beautiful tapestry
- The joy of being a missionary
- My call to be a missionary
There's nothing else I'd rather be doing!
An early challenge that I faced on becoming a missionary was to overcome my inhibitions and low self-esteem, and learn to trust that God would use a very ordinary person like myself. In the last 16 years I have learnt that once we are open to God and His Spirit, there are no limits to what He can do in and through us!
As a missionary I have ministered to remote tribes in a jungle in Borneo, and trained others to be more effective witnesses of Christ in Ghana, Nigeria, Malaysia, New Zealand and several parts of Europe. I have seen people miraculously healed, others responding to the need of God in their lives, yet others taking on the challenge to serve in God’s Kingdom. There is nothing else I’d rather be doing!
Silvana Abela, Malta